Bloom Occupational Therapy
Jill is the proud mother of 3 amazing children & she absolutely loves being an occupational therapist. She received an undergraduate degree from the University of Alberta in Adapted Physical Education in 1998 & completed her degree in Occupational Therapy at McMaster University in 2000.
Jill provides private occupational therapy services for children from kindergarten through grade 12 in a clinic setting. Jill truly enjoys connecting with children, families, health care team members & school staff. She brings an ability to problem-solve, a love of family-centred service, and a playful spirit to her clients. Jill has a keen interest in helping children & their families within a variety of areas including: social skills, fine motor skills, executive functioning, sensory processing skills, attention skills & mental health concerns. Jill enjoys a varied practice, including providing support for students with learning disabilities, through to the gifted learner, with a variety of diagnoses.
Jill is a registered member of:
- Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT),
- Society of Alberta Occupational Therapists (SAOT),
- Alberta OT Pediatric Interest Group
- Certified Yoga Teacher - 200 hour Iyengar certified yoga teacher through the Yoga Studio College of Canada
- Social Thinking Workshop - The Incredible Flexible You ®
- Sensory Integration Toolkit Workshop - Alert Program ® - How Does Your Engine Run?
- rogram Evaluation
- Supporting kindergarten children to be successful learners. Occupational Therapy Now, Nov/Dec 2009, V.11-4.
- The parent connection: Understanding Therapy. Calgary's Child Magazine, Sept/Oct 2008, p.83.
Dunn, W. & Ball, J. (ed.) Development of Evidence-Based Knowledge. In Law, M. & MacDermid, J. editors. Evidence-Based Rehabilitation: A Guide to Practice. 2nd Edition. 2008.